Technology Planning: Managed Endpoints
The Process of Achieving Digital Transformation
Developing a comprehensive incident response strategy is a key component of any organization’s security program, but it requires a thoughtful approach and point-by-point plan.
Working with CDW on Improved Incident Response
Prepare for the inevitable by developing a plan to more effectively respond to an incident.
- Secure executive buy-in.
- Identify your organization’s most valuable assets.
- Perform a risk assessment and address identified gaps.
- Create a threat model to understand the types of incidents your organization is most vulnerable to and their potential impact.
- Identify compliance and reporting requirements.
- Properly define roles and responsibilities and establish a communication plan to be used during an incident.
- Develop an incident response plan, including processes and procedures.
Security teams need the right instrumentation to detect, contain and eradicate threats.
- Consult an expert to identify gaps that exist within your existing security instrumentation.
- Invest in endpoint detection and response (EDR) and next-generation anti-virus (NGAV) solutions to provide comprehensive visibility into endpoint activity critical to detecting, investigating and mitigating advanced cyberthreats.
- Centralize logs and leverage an event log management solution to detect and investigate unusual or suspicious activity across the enterprise environment.
- Collect network telemetry to identify and track anomalous network traffic and baseline deviations.
- Minimize the attack surface of your environment through comprehensive vulnerability management solutions.
Organizations and threats constantly evolve. Conduct regular reviews of your incident response program.
- Conduct regular reviews of your incident response plan and update it as necessary.
- Leverage purple team and tabletop exercises to validate the efficacy of your incident response program
- Never let a good incident go to waste. Learn from security incidents within and outside your organization.
- Stay abreast of the latest trends and attacker techniques and adapt your incident response program as necessary.
Next step: Call CDW to get started with Incident Response.
Discover how CDW can help you embrace digital transformation.
Take our CDW Amplified™ Services — Managed Endpoint Anywhere QuickStart Assessment today.
You May Also Like