- Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2/Thunderbolt adapter lets you connect older TB2 (20Gbps) and TB1 (10Gbps) peripherals to a TB3 host
- Ability to use older Thunderbolt displays w/ Certified Thunderbolt 3 laptops
- Will not connect TB3 peripherals to computers w/ TB1/TB2 ports
- Thunderbolt 3 certification assures compatibility w/ TB3 certified laptops; TB3 host required
- TB3 to TB2/TB1 converter is bus-powered / provides up to 12W of power for peripherals / Windows macOS / 7.9" attached cable
Know your gear
With this Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter, you can connect Windows and Mac-based Thunderbolt 3 computers to older Thunderbolt devices, such as external hard drives, Thunderbolt displays, and older Thunderbolt-capable Mac computers.
Fast, Reliable Performance
Take full advantage of your current peripherals! Saving you the added expense of purchasing new devices, the USB-C to Thunderbolt adapter cable lets you connect your existing devices through your TB3 port.
With this adapter’s backward compatibility, you can connect to first-generation Thunderbolt devices at 10 Gbps speed and to your TB2 devices at 20 Gbps. The adapter satisfies all requirements for bi-directional data transfers and simultaneous power for bus-powered devices.
Please note that while this converter does fit Mini DisplayPort devices, it will not work with Mini DisplayPort or DisplayPort monitors.
The TBT3TBTADAP is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty for guaranteed reliability.