OUR ESG PROGRAM
Our ESG journey is focused where CDW can make the greatest impact and sustainably add value for our stakeholders. We are addressing priority areas by empowering our people, leveraging our portfolio, channeling our partnerships and operating through sustainable practices.
Download our ESG Executive Summary:
Our ESG journey is focused where CDW can make the greatest impact and sustainably add value for our stakeholders.
We are addressing our ESG priorities by empowering our people, leveraging our portfolio, channeling our partnerships and operating through sustainable practices.
We strive to continuously improve our own environmental performance while growing our business and supporting our partners and customers in their environmental efforts.
We continue to build our One CDW culture and strengthen our commitments to diversity, equity and inclusion, business diversity, digital equity for our communities and other forms of social impact.
CDW’s commitment to good corporate governance is unwavering – from our Board to our Executive Committee to all levels of our organization.
Explore our What's New section and see our latest case studies showing our ESG program in action.
Explore our library of ESG resources including our 2022 ESG Report, Executive Summary, TCFD and SASB disclosures.
2022 PROGRESS AND STRATEGIC MILESTONES
2022 was a year of significant progress on our ESG strategy and priorities, as we maintained and extended our efforts to address critical areas such as access to environmentally certified products, climate action, waste reduction, coworker engagement, recruiting of tech talent, diversity, equity and inclusion, social impact, business diversity, governance and ethics and global information security. We also significantly expanded our efforts to engage in ESG discussions with our key stakeholders: investors, coworkers, customers, partners and communities.
Specific strategic milestones during the year included:
- Added a global head of ESG to our team and designated risk and ESG business leaders
- Began refining our ESG governance structure to drive greater accountability and ongoing engagement with leaders and subject matter experts
- Engaged leaders and teams throughout the enterprise in an ESG strategy development process
- Created a cross-functional, geographically diverse Climate Task Force to drive climate awareness within CDW and lead the development of the company’s global climate strategy
- Made the strategic decision to align our ESG efforts with eight of the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Initiated an ESG materiality assessment refresh that will be completed in 2023 and will guide our strategic focus in the coming years
ESG GOVERNANCE STRUCTURE
We are in the process of integrating ESG into more of the groups and functions within our organization. For example, we are integrating ESG into our risk management framework, and we are empowering our customer- and partner-facing coworkers to find ways for CDW to advance customers’ ESG efforts. Modeled after our risk management governance structure, our ESG governance structure has been refined to drive more awareness, collaboration and accountability across CDW.