Quick tech specs
- Local and remote power monitoring provides quick access to critical power usage information
- Simple and quick installation in all standard racks or cabinets with included mounting brackets
- Standard three-year warranty,upgraded to five years with product registration
- Environmental monitoring with the addition of optional sensors
- Every unit is 100% tested for reliability and functionality to ensure units function as designed
Know your gear
The Vertiv Geist Unit Level Monitored Rack Power Distribution Unit VP8830 is a 20A 120V 0U Vertical rack power distribution unit (PDU) with input power monitoring. The VP8830 has 24 NEMA 5-20R receptacles and a NEMA L5-20P plug providing 1.9 kW of power capacity. The hot-swappable Interchangeable Monitoring Device (IMD) displays current on the local LED display. It also supports Visible Light Communication (VLC) technology providing complete power usage data with a quick scan from a mobile device using the Vertiv rPDU Scanner application. The IMD includes ports for serial communication and environmental monitoring, while the dual ethernet ports simplify management of multiple PDUs with fault-tolerant daisy chaining or IP aggregation capabilities. All Vertiv Geist Unit Level Monitored units are UL-Listed, meeting an important requirement for data centers, and each unit undergoes individual testing for functionality to ensure your network is powered by a reliable power distribution unit.