- This Tripp Lite fiber media converter includes an AC/DC adapter
- It transmits data for up to 2 km over multimode fiber
- Its power adapter works with 120V and 230V AC outlets,or it can also be powered by a USB connection
- DIP switches allow half and full-duplex operation
- This device comes with a 2-year Tripp Lite limited warranty
Extend the reach of the company's network with this Tripp Lite® External Multimode Media Converter. The device enables converting data from Cat5/6 UTP cables to fiber optic. With automatic MDI/MDI-X configuration, this Tripp Lite fiber media converter simplifies deployment. Its UTP port automatically detects the network speed to put configuration on autopilot. The device has DIP switches, so network admins can choose between half and full-duplex operations to suit the changing connectivity needs of the organization. An included AC/DC adapter and USB interface provide power. This device has a throughput of up to 2 km at a wavelength of 1310nm over multimode cables, so it supports connecting large workplace premises. It also transmits data over 62.5/125 cables for up to 550 m. This 10/100BaseT to 100BaseFX fiber media converter supports data transfer speeds of up to 100 Mbps for fast LAN and internet connectivity. It has five LED function indicators to deliver status alerts for simple error troubleshooting. Featuring a compact design, this device enables easy carrying.