- HDMI Video Capture Device records up to 4K 30Hz; 2ch 16bit PCM audio; 32KHz/44.1KHz/48KHz sample rate; H.264/H.265 software encoding (MPEG4/MJPEG/YUY2)
- Record security feeds/training videos with 3rd party software; Live stream for education/presentations on RTSP/RTMP platforms
- HDCP 1.4 does not capture encrypted content
- UVC; Auto driver install; Bus powered; Supports DirectShow/QuickTime
- Windows/macOS/Ubuntu; Includes USB-A and USB-C Cables; Works with OBS/xSplit/VLC/Teams/Zoom
Know your gear
Record 4K Video
The USB 3.2 Gen 1 (5Gbps) Capture Device enables recording of HDMI audio and video. Capture at up to 2160p 30fps, 1440p 60fps or 1080p 120fps with 16-bit PCM audio using third party software that supports DirectShow or QuickTime. Ideal for capturing the HDMI output of DSLR cameras, action cameras, webcams, and more.
USB Video Class
The capture device features USB Video Class (UVC), a video capture standard that's natively supported by Mac, Windows, and Ubuntu. USB bus-power and UVC facilitate plug and play installation. The included USB-A and USB-C cables let you connect to almost any host device running a supported operating system.
Capture or Stream
Record conference calls, presentations, security feeds, training videos, and more using third party software. Live stream content for community events, remote troubleshooting, or educational purposes on platforms supporting RTSP or RTMP communication protocols. The Capture Device works with Teams, Google Hangouts, Zoom, Adobe Connect, GoToMeeting, and more.
4K30-HDMI-CAPTURE is backed for 2-years by StarTech.com, including free 24/5 multi-lingual technical assistance.
Note: This device is HDCP compliant, and will not capture copy protected video, such as Blu-rays or the video output of Mac computers. However, this device will capture video to Mac computers and will capture non-encrypted video.