- swappable 2.5/3.5" SATA III hard drives to your computer externally through USB 3.0 with UASP or eSATA
- Compatible with USB & eSATA enabled laptop & desktop computers and 2.5in & 3.5in SATA hard drives
- External Hard Drive Enclosure / USB 3.0 eSATA HDD Enclosure / 5 Bay Hard Drive Enclosure / USB 3.0 or eSATA Back-up Drives
- Built-in cooling fan
- Expand the storage capacity of a small form factor system or laptop
- Add a 5-bay hot-swap enclosure to a server or workstation
For fast performance and efficient data transfers, you can connect the removable drive enclosure to your computer through either eSATA or USB 3.0. The enclosure supports full SATA III data transfer rates up to 6 Gbps, when connected through eSATA. When connected through USB 3.0, the enclosure supports transfer speeds up 5 Gbps plus support for UASP, which performs up to 70% faster than conventional USB 3.0 when paired with a UASP-enabled host controller.
With support for the fastest drive technologies available including SATA III (6 Gbps), hybrid drives and solid state drives (SSD), the enclosure helps you save time through optimized performance from your external storage.
For optimal drive performance and longevity, the HDD/SSD enclosure features a built-in fan, which helps cool your drives while ensuring maximum heat dissipation.
To ensure compatibility with your computer system, the S355BU33ERM supports all of the leading operating systems, including: Microsoft Windows (8/7/Vista/XP/Server 2008/Server 2003), Apple OSX (10.9/10.8/10.7/10.6), Linux, and Google Chrome OS.
UASP is supported in Windows 8, Mac OSX (10.8 or above), and Linux. In testing, UASP performs with a 70% faster read speed and 40% faster write speed over traditional USB 3.0 at peak performance.
At the same peak in testing UASP also shows an 80% reduction in required processor resources.
Testing results were obtained using an Intel Ivy Bridge system, a UASP-enabled StarTech.com Enclosure, and a SATA III solid state drive.