- Add an external PCI Express 3.0 x16 slot and a 4K DisplayPort connection to your Thunderbolt 3 MacBook or laptop
- Add PCIe cards such as an SSD / Ethernet or Fiber / Video Capture / USB / FireWire or eSata cards to your Thunderbolt 3 laptop
- Add an additional PCIe card to a Thunderbolt 3 computer
- Increased productivity with Thunderbolt 3 and up to 40Gbps bandwidth
- Thunderbolt 3 to PCIe / Thunderbolt 3 PCIe Enclosure / Thunderbolt 3 Expansion Chassis / Thunderbolt 3 PCIe Box
This Thunderbolt3 PCIe expansion chassis lets you add a PCI Express card to a laptop or desktop computer, through an external Thunderbolt 3 connection. The chassis also features a DisplayPort video output, so you can connect an additional monitor to a laptop, and supports Thunderbolt 3 daisy chaining, so you can expand a workstation even further.
The Thunderbolt 3 PCIe chassis makes it easy to expand a system with the capabilities you need to work at peak productivity. You can add many types of PCI Express cards, such as a PCIe USB 3.1/3.0/2.0 and USB-C, SSD, network, eSATA, FireWire or video capture cards. And, with the speed and bandwidth support of Thunderbolt 3 and PCIe 3.0, you can enjoy many of the same port additions you would from the PCI Express expansion slots of a desktop system.
The external PCIe enclosure features a dedicated DisplayPort output that lets you add an additional display to a laptop or desktop computer. The enclosure features a second Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) port, that you can use to connect a secondary display (a USB-C video adapter may be required).
You can also use the second Thunderbolt 3 port to connect additional Thunderbolt, USB and DisplayPort devices to your system. You can daisy chain up to six Thunderbolt 3 devices and expand a workstation to suit your specific requirements.
Thunderbolt 3 is the fastest connection available, which means you don’t have to deal with the performance bottlenecks of a slower connection, and can accomplish more in the same amount of time.
At up to 40 Gbps this Thunderbolt 3 expansion chassis gives you the throughput to add displays to a laptop, access files quickly, and work without disruptions. It's easy to access and edit large uncompressed files such as videos and images on the fly, making it ideal for dynamic on-site production.