- USB 3.0 to 2.5" SATA External Hard Drive Enclosure 256-bit AES Data Encryption w/ secure biometric fingerprint or master password
- Manage up to 8 fingerprints and permissions w/ Windows software required for initial setup
- Compact/portable encrypted hard drive enclosure w/vented aluminum case and power/lock/unlock/error status LEDs
- Biometric enclosure supports any SATA HDD/SSD 5mm to 9.5mm
- OS Independent and plug-and-play w/ USB host/laptop | USB-A to Micro-B Cable (USB 3.1 Gen 1) incl
Know your gear
The external SSD/HDD enclosure provides reliable protection against data leaks through secure data encryption. It utilizes hardware-based 256-bit encryption, based on the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES-256), one of the most secure encryption methods.Fingerprint Access
With the encrypted hard drive enclosure, you can limit data access to pre-authorized individuals, by storing up to eight fingerprints for fingerprint access. There is also one master password making it easy to configure, manage and change fingerprint profiles.Easy and Versatile Portable Storage
Add portable external data storage to your USB-A or USB-C laptop or tablet with the encrypted SSD / HDD enclosure (two cables included). The enclosure is powered by the USB port on your device, so no external power is required.
Your 2.5" SATA drive (7mm to 9.5 mm in height) slides easily into the sleek and durable aluminum enclosure, ventilated to help ensure an optimum operating temperature. Take the compact enclosure with you anywhere you go - to the office, hospital, lab, or out in the field, to access your data securely.Fast Performance
The encrypted drive enclosure supports USB 3.0 transfer speeds up to 5Gbps. The 2.5" SATA hard drive enclosure supports SATA I/II/III, ensuring you can achieve high performance while accessing your SATA SSD externally.
The TAA compliant S251BMU3FP is backed by a StarTech.com 5-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.