- Add an external USB Type-C and two external USB Type-A ports to your computer plus an IDC header port that can provide two internal USB 3.0 ports
- 5 Port USB 3.1 PCIe Card
- 1x USBC 2x USB-A + 1x 2 Port IDC (5Gbps)
- Works with older USB 3.0 and 2.0 devices
- Full and low-profile brackets
- Perfect for PC upgrades or builds / Ideal for USB-A and USB-C devices / PCIe USB Host Controller / USB-C card / USB C PCIe card / USB 3.1 controller / Internal USB header expansion
This 5-port USB 3.1 combo card makes it easy to add to the performance and connectivity of your computer. It’s one of the only USB 3.1 cards to offer a USB Type-C port (10 Gbps), traditional USB Type-A ports (5 Gbps), and a motherboard header.
By offering a range of USB port types, you can easily connect a variety of modern and legacy USB devices, both inside and outside your computer.
Because the card offers a 10 Gbps USB-C port (USB 3.1 Gen 2), you can save time and avoid the performance bottlenecks that are often associated with other connectivity technologies.
Work faster and prepare for the future
This versatile PCI Express combo card leverages the performance potential of USB 3.1to help you work faster. The USB-C port offers a data throughput of up to 10 Gbps, so you can spend less time waiting for file transfers to complete or for access to your external peripherals.
Plus, you can rest assured that you’re set for the future, as USB-C devices become more popular and more standardized.
Connect different types of USB devices
Nowyou can easily add a variety of types and speeds (generations) of USB ports to your desktop or server, using a single adapter card. The card features:
- One external USB-C port (USB 3.1 Gen 2 - 10 Gbps)
- Two externalUSB-A ports (USB 3.1 Gen 1 - 5 Gbps)
- One internal 20-pin IDC motherboard header port that can provide two internal USB-A ports (5 Gbps)
With a range of port types, the card lets you bridge the gap between older and newer devices that use different connectors. You can simultaneously connect and access USB Type-A and USB Type-Cdevices, while using only a single PCI Express expansion slot.
By adding three types of USB ports in one combo card, you can free up space in your PC case, and eliminate the nuisance of having different cards for different USB devices.
Ideal for building or upgrading your computer
With two internal motherboard-style headers, this dynamic USB 3.1 card is perfect for upgrading or building your own computer. If your existing headers are occupied, or if you don’t have any motherboard headers, you can connect front panel hubs or card readers using this versatile alternative to costly motherboard or computer upgrades.
Connect your older USB devices
Connecting your older peripherals isn’t a problem. This 5-port USB 3.1 card is backward compatible with legacy USB 3.0 and 2.0 devices, so you can eliminate the added expense and aggravation of purchasing new devices. (USB 3.0 is also known USB 3.1 Gen 1).
The PEXUSB312EIC is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
Note: The card does not support DP alt mode or USB Power Delivery.