- Turn almost any 2.5” SATA/SAS drive into a 3.5” drive
- Supports 2.5” hard drives (HDD) and solid state drives (SSD) up to 15mm in height
- Installs into an internal or external 3.5” drive bay: uses standard mounting holes for internal installs
- Tool-less 2.5” drive installation
- Supports SATA I/ II /III (up to 6Gbps)
- Support for SAS revision I/II (3.0/6.0 Gbps)
- 2.5 to 3.5 Hard Drive Enclosure / 2.5 to 3.5 SSD Adapter / 2.5 to 3.5 HDD Adapter / 2.5 to 3.5 Hard Drive Bay Adapter
This 2.5-inch to 3.5-inch hard drive adapter lets you install a 2.5-inch SATA or SAS hard drive (HDD) or solid-state drive (SSD) into an internal or external 3.5-inch drive bay, using standard drive-mounting holes.
Convert a 2.5-inch drive into a 3.5-inch drive
The 2.5-inch to 3.5-inch hard drive bay adapter lets you install a new, higher performance drive such as an SSD into a legacy system that may only support a 3.5-inch hard drive. It provides a cost-efficient way to enhance storage performance and reliability without expensive upgrades to core IT systems. It is also ideal for system administrators who want to build a system that takes advantage of the increased performance of a 2.5-inch HDD/SSD.
To utilize the full speed potential of your SATA/SAS drive, the adapter supports transfer speeds up to 6Gb/s.
Easy and flexible installation
You can install the adapter into a desktop, server, storage-array, hot-swap bay, and drive drawer. It offers permanent installation in a 3.5” drive bay with standard mounting holes. When the adapter is installed, you simply slide a 2.5” HDD/SSD into the adapter enclosure, with no tools required.
The adapter is suitable for drives with a height of up to 15 mm. Virtually any 2.5” SATA/SAS drive can be made to look and function like a 3.5” drive.
Identify and track your drives
The adapter includes a label you can use to track and record information about the installed drive.
The 25SATSAS35HD is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.