- Access Kit for Point-to-Point Extension with serial and Audio
The extenders come in kits that include local and remote units, which are connected with a single CAT5 or higher cable. All keyboard, mouse, and video signals (as well as serial and audio signals on models that support them) are fully buffered to ensure consistent remote operation of your PC.
Ultimate video at the remote end.
No matter what CAT5 or higher cable you use, you can expect clear, high resolution at the remote end with these KVM extenders. That’s because the CATx kits’ remote units and individual standalone remote units feature a built-in skew compensator. Color drift—caused by the different twist ratios of the twisted pair cable—is eliminated. The skew compensator removes the unsightly color shadows by delaying some color signals so that all color signals arrive at the same time at the remote end. This skew compensation works with all colors transmitted.
You can fine-tune the monitor image via simple keyboard hotkey commands to fix skew attenuation and losses. Use keyboard controls to equalize red, green, and blue to compensate for the differing pair lengths found in CAT5e and higher cables. Independent low-frequency (LF) and high-frequency (HF) equalization adjustment ensure optimum video tuning. There are even preset modes to help you find the right image balance quickly, and the Quick Skew features help make video tuning nearly automatic.
ServSwitch Brand Single-Video CATx KVM Extenders save all video settings in nonvolatile memory.
Single- or dual-access options.
Our ServSwitch Single-Video Single-Access CAT5x KVM Extender Kit (ACU2001A) is designed to perform basic KVM extension with skew compensation. With the Dual-Access model (ACU2009A), you can attach an additional monitor, keyboard, and mouse to the local unit. You can then operate the PC from either the local or remote user station. These stations share access on a “first come, first served“ basis.
•Use CAT5 or higher cable to extend your KVM signals without sacrificing high-resolution video.
• Built-in surge protection!
• Place your keyboard, monitor, and mouse more than 900 feet (274.3) from your CPU and get clear video at the remote end.
• Support high video resolutions at long distances.
• Remote units include built-in skew compensator.
• All monitor skew compensation and can be fine-tuned easily via keyboard hotkey commands—even at long distances and high resolutions.
• Single-Access and Dual-Access Kits available.
• Serial extenders also send serial port data—great for touch screen applications!
• Extenders with audio transmit near-digital quality audio from the CPU to the remote unit.
• Intelligent keyboard/mouse emulation provides keep-alive functionality.
• Work over CAT5, CAT5e, and CAT6 cables.
• Surge protection on the UTP link protects equipment.
• Flash upgradeable.