The Barracuda Backup Service combines automatic local data backup via the Barracuda Backup Server with a monthly subscription that provides a secure online backup to two redundant data centers in separate geographic locations. The Barracuda Backup Service copies data from any computer or storage platform and provides fast local storage and restores. The Barracuda Backup Service safely maintains backup data offsite using efficient replication techniques designed to conserve bandwidth and minimize the cost of disaster recovery. Other capabilities include:
• Automatic Backups. Administrators set the schedule for how often backups should run throughout the day. This eliminates the risks associated with manual backup.
• Full Local Backup. The Barracuda Backup Server offers sufficient storage for a complete copy of an organization’s current and historical data.
• Fast Local Restore. Administrators can restore data directly from the Barracuda Backup Server at local network speeds. This is the quickest way to recover lost data or recreate historical data.
• Secure, Redundant Replication. Multiple layers of encryption, including AES 256-bit, protect the integrity of data transferred offsite. Barracuda Networks’ two offsite data centers use highly redundant disk-based hardware in a fully encrypted and secure format.
• Alert Notifications. The Barracuda Backup Service automatically provides email alerts to administrators when service issues are detected. Notifications are sent when errors or file warnings are detected in backups or, when files are missing.
• Regulatory Compliance. The Barracuda Backup Service encompasses the security requirements to cover a wide range of industry-specific regulations, such as HIPAA for the healthcare industry, and Gramm-Leach-Bliley for financial organizations.
• Includes Yosemite Backup. For backup of specific applications, such as Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL Server and Windows System State, the Barracuda Backup Service includes and integrates with Yosemite Backup, the popular backup software protecting the data of millions of users worldwide.
• MODEL 800 WILL SUPPORT BACKUP SUBSCRIPTIONS 50-5000GB – ordered through Barracuda
• 1 local copy
• 2 offsite copies (via the Barracuda Backup Subscription)
• Local backup
• Local restore
• Secure, cloud-based storage (via the Barracuda Backup Subscription)
• Major OS compatibility
• Supports Windows (CIFS / SMB)
• Supports Linux / Unix (SSHFS)
• Support Novell
• Supports Mac OS X
• 256-bit AES encryption to offsite locations (via the Barracuda Backup Subscription)
• Centralized management
• File change detection
• Data transfer speed limits
• Data de-duplication
• Backup scheduling
• Bandwidth rate control