- 24-port 10/100BASE-TX Fast Ethernet managed stackable hub
The Cisco 24-port FastHub® 400 10/100BASE-TX Fast Ethernet managed repeater delivers great flexibility and low-cost manageable connectivity to the desktop.
You can add users by stacking three additional FastHub 400 products together using the integrated stacking connectors and a stacking cable, which can be ordered separately. Up to 96 users can be aggregated into one single, logical repeater of 10BASE-T or 100BASE-TX ports. Management redundancy can be achieved by including two managed FastHub 400 series products.
The FastHub 400 line is a full suite of products that includes the manageable FastHub 412 and 424 series and the managed FastHub 412M and 424M series (12 and 24-port versions, respectively). All four models are ideal for delivering low-cost, high performance 10 or 100Mbps bandwidth to individual users. When combined with a Catalyst 2900 XL 10/100Mbps autosensing switch, the FastHub 400 10/100 product line offers a powerful, cost-effective desktop solution.Features:
- Delivers up to ten times the performance of a 10BASE-T hub.
- Compatible with the IEEE 802.3u standard for interoperability with other 100BASE-T products.
- One slot for an optional switched uplink module, providing long-distance connectivity to the network core.
- Web-based management interface provides easy-to-use graphical interfaces for managing a single hub or an entire stack of hubs through a standard browser such as Netscape Navigator or Microsoft Explorer.
- SNMP and Telnet interfaces deliver comprehensive in-band management, and a command-line interface (CLI)-based management console provides detailed out-of-band management.
- Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP) enables a CiscoView network management station to automatically discover the hub in a network topology.
- Embedded software agent supports four RMON groups for enhanced traffic management, monitoring, and analysis.
- Manageable through CiscoWorks Windows network management software on a per-port and per-hub basis, providing a common management interface for Cisco routers, switches, and hubs.