Updated May 18, 2020
Customer Service Response Update
- Please be advised that due to increased contact volume, we are experiencing longer than usual wait times if you call, email, or chat with us. We are working hard to manage the increase in support inquiries and fulfill shipments as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience, and we look forward to continuing to serve our customers during this critical time.
General operational and supply chain insights
- Technology is more essential than ever in enabling many of our nation’s economic, healthcare, educational and government activities. As social distancing pervades nearly all aspects of our lives right now, technology helps us sustain closeness, both professional and personal, and has enabled work to ‘go on’ despite tremendous obstacles.
- Our focus has been on two priorities – ensuring the safety and wellbeing of our coworkers and our communities and helping customers to navigate this rapidly changing environment.
- Because customers rely on us to assist with technological capabilities, we are taking every possible step to deliver on our commitments in a timely manner.
- There has been significant strain on the global supply chain due to the highly fluid and unpredictable current environment.
- CDW plays a critical role in combating the current Coronavirus pandemic by continuing to supply IT product and services. As such, both our IL and NV-based Distribution Centers are considered essential businesses and remain operational. With over one million square feet of distribution capacity, we are using our purchasing capabilities and customer feedback to strategically stock our inventory.
- We are prioritizing what we’re bringing into inventory, focusing on the products and solutions that are in the highest demand. Where there are extended lead times, we are working closely with our manufacturer partners and identifying alternate product recommendations based on projected availability.
- At the same time, we’ve implemented important safety measures for our coworkers in our distribution and integration centers that fulfill and configure your orders. These measures are the right things to do, and they mean that in some cases, orders may be delayed as we work through priorities and assess the urgency for customers.
- We are focused on delivering for all our customers but are actively prioritizing orders that are directly connected with Covid-19 support efforts, including helping healthcare workers on the frontlines of this battle.
- Our distribution and integration center coworkers are doing critically important work during this unprecedented situation. We are incredibly proud of their work and grateful for their effort.