April 26, 2023
Use Case3 min
End-to-End Integration Puts Future Innovation Within Reach
A technology partner adept at infrastructure modernization can move an IT team up the ranks.
Modernization is the Force Behind a Data-driven Future
percentage of IT leaders who say legacy infrastructure gets in the way of their digital transformation1
percentage of U.S. federal agencies’ IT budgets covering operations and maintenance alone, with little left for modernization2
How can infrastructure services strengthen efforts to upgrade?
A REAL-WORLD EXAMPLE
Helping a Public Sector Agency
Meet an Enterprise IT Challenge
A law enforcement agency wanted to upgrade their IT systems and enhance the digital experience for 60,000 end users.
Working with CDW, the customer defined the following needs:
- An end-to-end systems integration partner
- Data center and remote office hardware and software implementations
- Maintenance, on-site engineering and training services
- Efficient, standardized processes for secure, reliable end-user access and applications use
- An agency catalog to support existing data center systems, enable scheduled replacements and deliver managed services for obsolete ones
THE TURNING POINT
Converging Tools Into One Solution
Building on a long-standing relationship with the law enforcement agency, CDW partnered with V3Gate and Trilogy Innovation Inc. to provide a comprehensive, strategic solution that featured the following:
- Dell PowerEdge servers
- Cisco Nexus switches
- Cisco Firepower firewall
- Quantum Scaler tape libraries
- NetApp storage
CDW Amplified™ Infrastructure Services
It takes precise planning and execution to build a standards-based infrastructure that drives business outcomes. Our services bridge gaps in expertise, tools and resources to scale and modernize your data center for increased IT value.
Upgrades Protect and Serve
Operations and End Users
The integrated solution helps the agency handle the administration and daily functions of their core enterprise data center facilities. They expect this innovation to provide cost savings and an enhanced IT experience for every end user while the ongoing services ensure the new infrastructure stays up and running optimally.
Here’s why it worked:
- Continuous communication between technology partner experts and the agency’s senior leadership defined goals and objectives.
- Extensive cross-department collaboration helped the technology partner respond promptly and effectively to changing solicitation requirements.
- CDW’s close partnerships with OEM partners empowered the proper scope of the solution and armed the law enforcement agency with cohesive delivery.
The agency catalog will facilitate replacement of systems that no longer meet performance requirements or whose OEM support expires. And managed services will provide for delivery, installation and migration of the refreshed hardware and software.
1 MuleSoft, “8th Annual Connectivity Benchmark Report,” 2023
2 Government Accountability Office (GAO), “Agencies Need to Develop and Implement Modernization Plans for Critical Legacy Systems,” 2021
Feb 24, 2023 Hardware Dell PowerEdge Leaps Forward with AI-Focused Capabilities
Article 3 min
The 16th-generation PowerEdge server family packs the latest upgrades from Intel, AMD and Nvidia to accelerate computing in a smaller footprint.
Feb 28, 2023 Software Learn 4 Drivers of Application Integration and Key Tips for Success
Article 4 min
As different parts of the organization work together, it’s imperative that data sharing occurs. Here’s how to enable apps built separately to work together.
Mar 31, 2023 Services Strengthen Your Security with Cost-Effective Training
Article 3 min
Retain and engage IT professionals through mentorship, peer-to-peer learning and vendor resources.