In addition, by making these industrial serial devices Internet ready, the SN3101 enables users to access and control those devices from any computer connected to the local network or the internet, all that is needed is a high speed connection.
The SN3101 offers versatile and diversified serial data access methods to meet a broad range of application requirements – these include Real COM, TCP Server, TCP Client, UDP, Modbus, and Virtual Modem. SMTP and SNMP trap event notifications are also provided.
The SN3101 can work in tandem with other remote management products – such as the Altusen PN9108 Power over the NET™ remote power management system – to provide convenient, reliable, and effective, remote data center device management.
Software designed to work with COM or TTY ports can access serial devices over a TCP/IP network by utilizing the SN3101’s Real COM or TTY drivers. This feature also breaks through the port number and distance limitation barriers encountered with PC hardware.
Installation is fast and easy: plugging cables into their appropriate ports is all that is involved. A browser based GUI, Telnet (SSH), VT console terminal sessions, or a Windows IP “search and configure” utility, make configuration and operation smooth and convenient.
The SN3101's firmware is upgradeable over the Net, so you can stay current with the latest improvements simply by downloading updates from our website. With its advanced features and ease of operation, the SN3101 is the most convenient, reliable, and cost effective way to centrally manage your remote, serially connected, IT products.
* Provides remote serial access over the Internet for industrial serial devices, serial IT devices and serial over IP appliances
* Works in tandem with other Altusen/ATEN appliances - such as the PN0108 and PN9108 (power over the net devices) – allowing administrators to manage a wide range of data center devices through IP connections
* Configuration, backup/restore, and firmware upgrading via Web Console
* HTTP/HTTPS, Telnet/SSH Console and Windows utility
* Software selectable RS-232/422/485 3-in-1 serial port
* Modem emulation enables existing modem-based applications to make connections over IP networks;
* Max. baud rate: 460 Kbps; supports Hardware and Software flow control
* Built-in 15KV ESD serial port protection
* 64 Kbyte port buffer prevents data loss when the network is down
* Versatile serial operation modes, including Real COM, TCP Server, TCPClient, UDP Server/Client and Serial Tunnel
* Redundancy support via multiple simultaneous Real COM, TCP Server, and TCP Client connections
Sun's Java 2 JRE 1.4.2 or higher must be installed on your computer. Java is available for free download from the Sun Java website:
The devices that connect to the SN3101 must support one of the following
RS-232 (protocol or terminal operations)
Virtual COM port driver (Real COM port) support requires Windows 2000 or higher.
1 SN3101 Serial Device Server
1 Power Adapter
1 DC Terminal Adapter
1 Mounting Kit
1 User Manual
1 Quick Start Guide
1 Software CD