What is Software Asset Management?
Sometimes just knowing what’s actually on your network can be a big challenge. With CDW Software Asset Manager, you can conduct a comprehensive audit to capture a complete inventory of every software application running on every hardware device on your network.
The CDW Software Asset Manager takes your asset inventory information to the next level by providing you with license reconciliation, so you can compare what you have installed in your environment to what you’re entitled to with your purchases.
CDW Software Asset Manager is available for purchase as an add-on module to our free software license management tool, CDW Software License Manager. This tool is accessible in the CDW Account Center under the Tools & Services menu.
How Will Software Asset Management Solutions Benefit My Organization?
CDW Software Asset Manager can provide your organization:
- 100% Visibility—CDW Software Asset Manager will find all IP-addressable hardware including all servers, desktops, laptops, network printers, switches, and devices. A baseline audit provides a full hardware and software inventory along with physical location mapping of the assets.
- Remote Auditing—All IT assets can be monitored anywhere in the organization, whether they’re on-site or remotely connected to the network.
- Multi-Platform Tracking—Enterprise platforms supported include: Microsoft Windows, Linux, Unix, Apple OSX and AIX, Windows Mobile smart phones and PDAs.
- Virtualization Support—Monitor and manage virtual applications including VMware and Microsoft App-V applications. Support for licenses in Microsoft Terminal Server or Citrix environments. Choose between licenses based on total amount or concurrent users/devices. Easily check which devices and users have used which applications in your Terminal Server environment and track usage trends over time.
- Leverage Existing Data—Integrate easily with all existing inventory tools, for example Microsoft SMS/SCCM, Altiris, and Active Directory to maximize your return on existing investments.
- Accurate IT Planning and Budgeting—With up-to-date inventory records, department migrations and other complex IT projects can be scoped with greater accuracy, planned more completely, and executed successfully.
- Avoid Risks—Establish and maintain software license compliance by ensuring that software usage does not exceed licenses held. Prove compliance with fast and accurate reports.
How Can CDW Help My Organization?
With CDW Software Asset Manager reporting, our software licensing specialists can help you reconcile your software license inventory with your software agreements to ensure compliance. Our specialists can review your current software agreements to determine if you can save money by consolidating agreements or achieve a more cost-effective pricing tier based on your current number of licenses.
CDW has solid partnerships with all top software publishers, making us the right experts to help you manage your software licensing.
Getting Started with Software Asset Management
To learn about CDW Software Asset Manager, contact your account manager or software licensing specialist today.