What is Managed Print Services?
CDW Managed Print Services (MPS) is a customizable offering that provides a more flexible, efficient, and cost-effective way to procure any combination of printing hardware, supplies, service, and support in one convenient solution.
Whether you are just trying to make the task of purchasing printer supplies more automated, convenient, and cost-effective, or you are looking to update and optimize your printer fleet by leveraging the productivity and money-saving benefits built into the latest printer technology—CDW Managed Print Services can help.
What Does an MPS Solution Look Like?
How Will Managed Print Services Benefit My Organization?
Organizations of all sizes from every industry are faced with the challenge of improving efficiencies and reducing costs. For most organizations, printing expenditures are largely undocumented, unpredictable, and out of control. As a result, these organizations are turning to Managed Print Services (MPS) to help them get a handle on their printing environment.
Managed Print Services offerings are designed to assist an organization by streamlining management and minimizing the costs associated with printing.
MPS provides the following benefits:
- No-charge remote printer fleet audit
- Automated just-in-time supplies replenishment with electronic alerts to ensure printer availability and minimize supplies inventory and potential waste
- Electronic alerts for service issues
- Multiple approaches to supplies replenishment, customized to meet your needs:
- “Pay-per-cartridge” model: Allows you to purchase printer supplies as you need them on a cost-plus discounted pricing structure. You pay only for the cartridges you consume, when you consume them, with no minimums or maximums. Cost-plus pricing applies to all printers and printer consumables offered by
- “Pay-per-click” or “cost-per-page” model: Provides you with monthly billings based on your print volumes (number of printed pages) generated during the month, charged at a pre-determined cost for each page. Break-fix printer services can be included in the page cost.
- Optional printer break-fix services with prepaid, monthly, and retainer payment options, and the ability to add or remove services on any printer at any time
- Equipment leasing options
- Comprehensive printer fleet monitoring and reporting capabilities
- Dedicated MPS Solution Architect to help you manage and optimize your printer fleet
How Can I Help My Organization Embrace Managed Print Services?
Embracing CDW Managed Printing Services is easy once you have a better understanding of the benefits your organization will receive from using CDW MPS.
will help you take control and better manage all your printing and imaging devices. We will help optimize your print fleet and give you visibility into the assets that are in place, their level of use, and their cost impact.
CDW MPS enables you to increase productivity while making smart use of financial resources, with a solution that conveniently delivers all you need without depleting capital or cash. Our program will not only help you optimize and control your print fleet and associated costs today; it will help manage it and control costs in the future.
What Comprises a Managed Print Services Solution?
At the heart of the solution is our printer fleet management software, offering these benefits:
- Allows us to collect an initial snapshot (audit) of the printers installed in your fleet. This includes helpful information on each printer such as device manufacturer, model, serial number, IP address, and print volumes.
- Monitors each printer under management and provides electronic alerts when a supply item on a printer reaches a user-definable level, prompting the user to order more of that supply item.
- Monitors each printer for certain error conditions and provides electronic service alerts.
- Provides comprehensive management and user-level reporting on the entire printer fleet.
Additional components of CDW MPS include:
- Volume discounting on printers, printer consumables, and break-fix warranty services.
- Dedicated MPS Solution Architects to help you manage and optimize your printer fleet by monitoring the information and conducting periodic reviews.
- Leasing options to allow you to acquire more cost-effective and energy-efficient equipment while minimizing the impact on your cash flow.
Getting Started with Managed Print Services
Account Manager and Solution Architects are ready to assist you with every phase of choosing and leveraging the right solution for your IT and purchasing environment. Our approach includes:
- Conversations with key stakeholders to understand your objectives, requirements, and budget
- A remote printer fleet assessment of your existing environment
- Solution assess, plan, and design services
- Vendor evaluations
- Product and service recommendations
- Product demonstrations and evaluations
- Procurement, configuration, and deployment of the final solution
- Solution implementation, training, and ongoing product lifecycle support
- Monitoring and management services of your printer environment